The Baptism (A purging of negativity)

I have long since realized that I communicate better in written form, though even there I have a tendency to ramble on... thus the poet was born to simplify things. I have reached a point where I am tired of talking(er writing) about the same things and being in the same stagnant place. I must release the negativity that weighs down on my heart so that I can begin the healing process. Here is my purge - in poetic form:


The Baptism

You tried to drown me
In my own sweat and tears
And love and blood
Shed when I gave birth to them

You could no longer hurt me
because your love was false
and I knew that you knew that we were through
but when my back was turned you struck

Not me physically
but through them, our babies
you hurt me thoroughly
you heartless, gutless, soulless ghoul

Yet you call yourself a man
but I see through the mask you wear
with the hollowed darkened eyes
you, believing your own lies

but I have long stopped listening

My ears filled with the cries of children
yearning for a father that does not exist
every good deed done to cover three dirty ones
and now you want my consideration

Consider this

I live on
Move on
Stand tall
And above all
Still believe in the purity of love
You did not drown me
But rather bathed me in a knowledge
That I was lacking

Lessons learned

As you suffer the reward of your deeds
Take heed, that now we smile freely
Because without your presence
We are happy

Thank you

lily
author of girl Child (The Transition - In Poetic Form)
available at www.amazon.com