Revenge Cocktail


I am a fan of Sherri Shephard's new sitcom 'Sherri'. At this point, I have seen every episode at least once. I became a fan midseason and was endeared to the show because of one line of one episode. Just when Sherri's best friend is encouraging her to get back out into the swing of things and she is still focusing on her anger and her pain and wishing ill on her estranged husband, her friend says 'Revenge is like drinking a glass of poison and hoping that the other person gets sick'.


That line stuck with me and pops into my head every time I have a not so pleasant thought about my ex. The reality is that I have been sippin' on this revenge cocktail for almost 2 years and I am no better for it. In fact I am bitter for it and I'm sure that he could give a good hot damn about what I'm feeling. I keep hoping that either his conscience or lightening strikes him (not too picky which) and in the meantime days and weeks and years of my life are passing. I cannot blame him for the time that I am wasting dwelling on the past. Sure he hurt me and our children, but by focusing on that pain and not the healing process, I have given him a lasting control over my life.


Bottom line - he was an ASS. So the heck what!!! The question that I have to answer is: What am I going to do with the rest of my life? I'm still young, but time waits for no one. If I don't get off my butt and start living, then I will die of overconsumption of that revenge cocktail. For the record, I refuse to go out like THAT!