Single and Sane

For the last several weeks I have been dating. I decided that I was tired of being alone and I started to date via an online service. Yes, I am putting my business out there but I went to the Net to find a man. I met many different types of men - handsome, not so handsome, working, educated, unemployed and a few variations in between. Though my mother was very distrustful of the venue I chose to use, I can honestly say that the men that I met via the internet were not much different than those that I have met on my own through the years. The difference this time around is that I am clear on what I want in a man and from a relationship. I know what my deal breakers are and what I bring to the table in turn. What I have discovered after several awkward dates is that being single is not so bad. It offers me the oportunity to continue to grow and allows certain comforts, like having a virtually distraction and drama free life. While I believe that one day soon the Clyde to my Bonnie will find his way to me (I just have this gut feeling that I shouldn't have to look too hard), for the time being I remain happily single and sane.